Managed websites refer to websites that are professionally overseen, maintained, and optimized by a dedicated team or service provider. The concept of managed websites has gained popularity as businesses and individuals seek to ensure their online presence is secure, up-to-date, and optimized for performance.
Here are key aspects of what managed websites typically entail:
- Updates and Upgrades: Regularly apply updates to the website’s content management system (CMS), plugins, themes, and other components to ensure the site stays secure and compatible with the latest technologies.
- Backups: Implementing and monitoring regular backups to safeguard website data in case of technical issues, hacking, or data loss.
- Monitoring and Prevention: Continuous monitoring for security vulnerabilities and implementing measures to prevent and respond to potential threats such as malware, hacking attempts, and data breaches.
- SSL Certificates: Ensuring the website is configured with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate to encrypt data transmitted between the website and its users.
- Speed and Load Times: Optimizing the website’s performance to ensure fast loading times, which is crucial for user experience and search engine rankings.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN): Implementing a CDN to distribute website content across servers globally, improving loading times for users in different geographical locations.
- Content Updates: Managing and updating website content, including text, images, and multimedia elements.
- SEO Optimization: Implementing search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to improve the website’s visibility in search engine results.
- Technical Support: Providing assistance for technical issues, bug fixes, and troubleshooting to ensure a smooth user experience.
- User Training: Offering training for website administrators to effectively manage and update content.
Scalability and Growth:
- Scalability Planning: Assessing and planning for the website’s future growth, ensuring it can handle increased traffic and additional features.
- Technology Recommendations: Advising on and implementing new technologies or features that can enhance the website’s functionality and user experience.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Performance Metrics: Utilizing analytics tools to track and report on key performance metrics, helping website owners understand user behavior and make informed decisions.
Managed websites are often associated with subscription-based services or ongoing contracts with web development or hosting companies. This approach allows website owners to focus on their core activities while ensuring that their online presence is secure, up-to-date, and performing optimally.
5-3 Digital Consulting is your dedicated service provider that professionally oversees, maintains and optimizes managed websites. The necessity of managed websites has risen as businesses strive to ensure their online presence remains secure, up-to-date, and optimized for peak performance.
Website audits to plan for your website’s future scalability
- Monitoring regular backups to safeguard the website
- Team training on website management, tools, and tracking